Gemstones symbolise the love and affection you hold for your loved one. This is why it’s crucial that you not just buy any gemstone jewellery – because you want to get the best for your loved one. Whether it’s a necklace, bracelet or even earrings, ensure you’re getting an authentic piece, not something that looks like plastic.
Why is gemstone jewellery so popular?
Gemstone jewellery is famous for several reasons:
- Gemstones are beautiful and add a touch of luxury to any outfit.
- Gemstones are durable and last longer than other types of jewellery.
- Such jewellery is unique and can be customised to suit your style.
- Jewellery made of gems is an excellent investment piece that will appreciate over time.
Types of gemstones
Many different types of gemstones are available on the market, and each has its unique set of qualities. Here are some of the most popular gems used in jewellery:
- -Diamonds: Diamonds are the hardest known natural material and have been treasured for centuries for their beauty and durability. They are available in various colours, from colourless to black, and can be cut into multiple shapes.
- -Sapphires: Sapphires are corundum and one of the hardest minerals after diamonds. They come in numerous colours, from blue to pink to yellow, and are often used as accent stones in diamond jewellery.
- -Rubies: Rubies are also corundum and share many qualities with sapphires. However, they are slightly softer than sapphires and are only available in red or pink colours. Rubies have been prized for centuries and are considered among the rarest and most valuable gemstones.
- -Emeralds: Emeralds are a type of beryl known for their rich green colour. It is one of the most popular gemstones in jewellery, but it is also quite soft, making it susceptible to scratching and damage.
- -Aquamarine: Aquamarine is another type of beryl prized for its beautiful blue colour. It is a durable stone that
Choosing a style
When choosing a gemstone jewellery style, you must consider what type of stone you want. There are many different types of gemstones, each with its unique look. You may want to choose a stone that is classic and timeless, or you may prefer a more trendy style.
There are also many different cuts of gemstones, so you will want to think about which will best suit your needs. Choose a round or princess-cut stone if you want a more elegant look. If you want something more unique, you might prefer an emerald or marquise cut.
4Cs to consider before purchasing one
When purchasing jewellery, it is crucial to consider the 4Cs: carat, cut, colour and clarity. Here are more details on each:
- Having a carat weight determines the size of a gemstone. Generally, the more carats a stone has, the more expensive it is.
- Among other factors, cut refers to the height, depth, angle, and other characteristics of the stone. When a stone is well-cut, it will have a higher level of sparkle and brilliance.
- Colour is judged on how intense the hue of the stone is. A stone with a rich colour will be more valuable than one with a pale colour.
- Clarity is how many blemishes or inclusions (internal flaws) are present in the stone. A stone with fewer blemishes or inclusions will be more valuable than one with more.
Investing in quality gemstone jewellery is always a wise decision. Not only will it last longer, but it will also retain its value over time. So if you’re looking for an investment piece or want to treat yourself to something special, don’t skimp on quality – your jewellery will thank you for it in the long run.